- RIP Patrick Swayze
- I don't enjoy Taylor Swift to any extent, mais Kanye is, in fact, a douche
- Joe Wilson's offense was neither political nor racial. It was a matter of being polite
- I enjoy Glee
- I reccomend Youtube subscriptions to Whatthebuck, ShaneDawsonTV, sxephil, The Station, BrittaniLouiseTaylor, Liamkylesullivan, and RIPLEYTHEBAND
15 September 2009
30 July 2009
Olga Vengerovskiy is a former Open World Champion and Russian National Champion. She has extensive experience as a rowing coach. From 1980-1991, she coached at the Specialized School of Olympic Reserves in the Ukraine. After coming to the United States, Olga coached at the Saugatuck Rowing Association, and, together with Yan, founded the Water Sports Center in Norwalk.
This is new our new coach. (ENGRISH PLEEZ?)
Technically, she's Ukrainian, but that doesn't make her less scary: she would ride through the water, flanked by highschoolers in single and double skulling (2 oars per person) boats, rowing as if their lives depended on it. Frequently, we would hear her voice (as she was hooked up to a permanent megaphone on her safety speedboat) cackling and screaming mercilessly to no end. "YOU'RE DOING IT WRRRRONG!" she would shout through the speaker, "NO AHMS, NO LAYGS, NO NAHTEENG!"
Oh, and rowing was a physical activity, so i really would prefer not to talk about it anymore. Moving along.
Then it was time for theatre camp, which brings me to today and this past week. It's actually been rather typical, if you consider songs, acting, and teaching little boys that it is imperative to wash your hands, yes, even if you didn't touch your penis a typical day job.
And that's basically it for now. In short, Top Chef Masters is great but the host sucks toast, the new Hell's Kitchen proves to be crazy like before, Meteor was a horrible waste of time, and i cannot believe i only just started Arrested Development on Hulu.
COMING UP NEXT MONTH: Jersey Shore, Cape May, Atlantic City, my birthday, suicidal AP summer work, a visit from the family in Rochester.
Until next post,
17 June 2009
lotus fruit / lull me to sleep
floating on the lake / staring towards the sun / gazing through the past, he'll realize / that his time is done
20 April 2009
- Blood Brothers is to Britain as TSO is to America and Romeo et Juliette is to les francais, which is to say, epicality epitomized (you can quote me). It's the melodramatic and oftimes comedic musical about the lives of two twins seperated at birth (the wikinition is quite thorough). After having rave reviews of its performance @ Pelham Memorial High in NY, I downloaded the original cast album (UK) to listen to on car trips and relive the performance. And I will tell you--it's the oddest balance of hokey and absolutely amazing songs I've ever encountered. Lyrics, available through a Google search, don't do the musical's powerful and recurrent melodic themes justice alone, though some are passable as standalone lyrics.
- Susan Boyle is the cutest little old lady ever. Enough said.
- Jeffrey Steingarten's new book (ie published 6 yrs ago and I wasn't aware) lives up to his last beautifully. If you're a fan of watching his criticism on Iron Chef, as I am, your appreciation for him will increase 100-fold with reading his books.
- Brigadoon is almost here. Lawds.
- Won't be going to Chicago. Sorry.
- It's Pot Day and I am not celebrating.